Sparkly dresses are perfect for parties – you cannot celebrate Christmas or wave goodbye to 2013 and welcome in the New Year without a few spangly, glitzy sequins! It’s true! If you’re looking for a sparkly dress this holiday season, check out our selection of the high street’s best!
Black sparkly dresses:
You cannot go wrong with a black sparkly dress! It’s a classic for Christmas and New Year because it oozes style, sophistication and above all: it’s a slimming colour!
Shop my pick of black sparkly dresses:
My favourite black & sparkly christmas dresses, from left to right:
1) This Sequin Full Skirt Skater is killer! The dress features a sexy plunging neckline and a full sequinned bodice. It’s the perfect LBD if you’re looking for something cute AND attention grabbing.
2) Lipsy’s 3/4 Sleeve Sequin Shift Dress is really eye catching. It features all-over sequin detail for some full on sparkle!
3) We all know that fashionista Pippa Middleton loves Markus Lupfer’s designs, and she wore a dress similar to this for her book launch last year. This 100% merino wool dress will wow at any New Year’s Eve dinner party. It features a full on sequinned bodice and skirt.
4) This sparky dress by Motel really screams New Years Eve party to me! It’s embellished with sequins throughout.
5) Looking for a sparkly maxi dress? This sequinned maxi from Motel features a thiugh-high split and full on sparkle. Team with strappy shoes for a sophisticated evening look. Perfect for the office Christmas party!
Colourful sparkly dresses:
Be the belle of the ball in one of these bright and sparkly dresses. Perfect for making an impact at the work Christmas party or to turn heads at a New Years Eve party.
My favourite colourful, sparkly christmas dresses, from left to right:
From left to right:
Oasis have some amazing spakrly dresses in stock at the moment, including this gorgeous red sequinned bodycon dress. If you’re feeling festive, the sparkly gold version of the above dress is also pretty damn amazing. I’ll take the red for Christmas and the gold for New Year’s Eve. OK? Thanks!
What is that cliche saying? If you’ve got it, flaunt it in this sparkly dress by Theia? I’m sure the phrase goes something like that! Fully sequinned, bright turquoise and tulle. What’s not to love? Available here from The Outnet USA.
BARGAIN OF THE CENTURY ALERT!!!! This pretty pink sequinned dress from Naven is reduced down from £245 to just £30 – this dress is a designer steal! It’s 100% silk lined, embellished with sequins and features a cute bandeau, sweetheart neckline. The pretty pink colour means you can wear it again throughout spring and summer!
We all love a little bit of Magic & Sparkle. This electric blue sparkly dress from M&S’s Autograph line is perfect for ladies looking for something a little more demure than the other styles listed here. The understated tunic shape is complimented by the bright blue sequins. Wear with black heels and a large black envelope clutch this winter.
Fancy something designer?
Head over to Net-A-Porter to check out their designer party dress edit – click the banner below:
For more inspiration:
Check out our Pinterest board full of Christmas and New Years dresses! Just click here to do that now!